Asian Fusion Dog Grooming (Expert Guide)
Asian Fusion Dog Grooming (Expert Guide)
The dog grooming industry is not new to new grooming trends. A dog owner is always looking for new and unique styles to make his or her pet stand out from the crowd. One of the hottest dog grooming styles right now is:
Asian Fusion Dog Grooming Style
Tools Needed for Asian Fusion Dog Grooming
Various tools come into play in Asian Fusion Dog Grooming, each serving a unique purpose:
- Curved scissors: These scissors sport a curved blade, facilitating the creation of smooth lines and rounded contours in the coat.
- Straight scissors: Straight scissors are employed for the precise trimming and shaping of the coat.
- Clippers: Clippers come into play when it's time to trim the coat to the desired length.
- Grooming comb: A grooming comb proves invaluable for untangling and removing mats from the coat.
- High-velocity dryer: This specialized dryer quickly and efficiently dries the coat.
- Finishing spray or gel: To maintain the coat's shape and enhance its shine, a finishing spray or gel is applied.
- Nail trimmers: These handy tools are used to trim the dog's nails.
- Ear cleaner: An ear cleaner is essential for keeping the dog's ears clean and healthy.
It is worth noting that the specific tools required for Asian Fusion dog grooming can vary based on the groomer's preferences and the dog's breed and coat condition.
The tools mentioned here are commonly employed by experienced groomers practicing the Asian Fusion Grooming style. However, individual groomers may have their own favored toolset when crafting this unique canine look.
What is the reason for the popularity of Asian Fusion Grooming?
What makes the Asian Freestyle grooming trend so captivating and endearing? Well, the key lies in the very word "free" that it carries, signifying a departure from convention and the liberation to embrace artistic expression.
The world of dog grooming has long adhered to traditional standards, holding its ground for ages. However, when Asian Fusion burst onto the scenes in the United States, Europe, and Australia around 2014, it breathed new life into the realm of grooming.
It provided groomers with a compelling reason to step off the established path of their textbooks and step into the more creative aspects of their craft.
Additionally, the phenomenon has been fueled by the potent force of social media. The irresistible charm of dogs styled in an Asian Fusion manner challenges viewers to question their own eyes. There's an otherworldly quality to these canine transformations that captivates social media users, resulting in a flood of likes and shares.
In the past decade, pet parents have increasingly dressed their furry companions in the latest canine couture. An Asian-inspired hairstyle not only accentuates the beauty of these dog models but also helps showcase high-fashion styles.
One could argue that the inherently graphic nature of this grooming style infuses a sense of drama with an editorial flair that both pet parents and groomers simply cannot resist. It is a trend that has not only stolen our hearts but also ignited our imaginations, offering a fresh canvas for creativity in the world of dog grooming.
How to Perform Asian Fusion Dog Grooming?
To perform Asian Fusion Dog Grooming, follow these steps:
1. Prepare the Dog: Start by giving the dog a thorough bath and ensuring it's completely dry. This step removes dirt and debris from the coat, making grooming easier.
2. Trim the Coat: Asian Fusion Grooming involves precise coat trimming to achieve a distinctive style. This could mean trimming the coat into a circular or cube shape or shaping the legs to resemble bell bottoms.
3. Style the Coat: After trimming, use grooming tools like scissors, clippers, and brushes to style the coat. You can create a fluffy, curly, or side-swept appearance, depending on the desired look.
4. Face Grooming: Pay special attention to the face. Typically, shape it into a perfect circle or square and trim the hair around the eyes and mouth for a clean, polished appearance.
5. Final Touches: Complete the grooming process by adding embellishments like bows, ribbons, or other accessories to enhance the overall appearance of the dog.
What dog grooming scissors are used for Asian Fusion Style Grooming?
If a dog groomer is thinking about adopting the Asian Fusion style, having the right set of dog grooming scissors becomes crucial.
To achieve those distinctive rounded shapes on the heads faces, and ears commonly seen in Asian Fusion Dog Grooming, selecting a reversible curved dog grooming scissor with a significant degree of curvature is essential. The curvature of a dog grooming scissor falls within the range of 15 to 40 degrees.
Scissors with curves between 15 to 25 degrees enable dog groomers to perform everyday grooming tasks with precision and ease.
On the other hand, scissors with curves ranging from 30 to 40 degrees empower dog groomers to craft exceptionally rounded finishes, making them ideal for achieving the distinctive Asian Fusion Style in dog grooming, especially when working on creating intricate muzzle designs.
What Breeds are Most Suitable for Asian Fusion Dog Grooming?
Asian Fusion grooming is an excellent method for taming excessive fluff or enhancing your dog's natural fur thickness. You don't necessarily need a purebred dog to participate in the excitement of Asian Fusion grooming.
When aiming for the best aesthetics, breeds with dense, curly coats often prove to be ideal candidates for Asian grooming, while other dogs with silky hair can opt for a smoother, swept-back appearance.
Some of the most common breeds you will see with an Asian Freestyle are:
- Shih Tzus
- Cocker Spaniels
- Lhasa Apsos