Animal Shelter in Henderson
Best Animal Shelter in Henderson (A Detailed Guide)
Nestled in the heart of Nevada, Henderson is a city with a big heart for its furry friends. When it comes to animal shelters, Henderson offers a warm and caring haven for pets in need. In this article, we will explore the world of animal shelters in Henderson and help you discover the best places to find your new four-legged family member.
Henderson's animal shelters play a vital role in rescuing, caring for, and finding loving homes for cats and dogs. They are like safe harbors for animals who have faced tough times and now yearn for a second chance. These shelters are staffed with dedicated individuals who are passionate about animal welfare and work tirelessly to ensure that every pet gets the love and care they deserve.
So, whether you are considering adopting a new pet, volunteering your time, or simply want to learn more about the wonderful work being done in Henderson's animal shelters, read on to discover the best options available in this pet-loving city. Your journey to finding the perfect animal shelter starts here.
- Address: 300 E Galleria Dr, Henderson, NV 89011, United States
- Phone: +1 702-267-4970
- Google Reviews: 721
- Rating: 4.2
- Facebook: https://web.facebook.com/NevadaSPCAanimalrescue/?_rdc=1&_rd
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nevada.spca/
We recently welcomed a new furry member into our family, a charming kitty we adopted from the City of Henderson Animal Shelter. Let me tell you, this little fellow, Renly, brings a lot of joy to our lives. Despite the occasional challenges of having a young pet, he's truly a delightful addition to our household.
Our interactions with the City of Henderson Animal Shelter have been nothing short of exceptional. When we've visited to drop off donations, we've been met with a warm reception. They are always in need of pet supplies, including essentials like towels, blankets, and toys, and it's heartening to know that our contributions make a difference.
Not too long ago, we found a lost dog and took it to the shelter. The process was smooth and efficient, and it's reassuring to see how well they handled such situations. The facilities at the shelter are clean and well-maintained, creating a safe and comfortable environment for the animals. What's truly heartwarming is the level of care and attention the animals receive from the dedicated employees and volunteers.
The City of Henderson Animal Shelter plays a vital role in our community, offering essential services that benefit both our furry friends and the residents of Henderson. We are grateful for their commitment and the positive impact they make.
The City of Henderson Animal Care and Control, a division of the Henderson Police Department, comprises Animal Control Officers, Shelter staff, and a dedicated Veterinary team. The facility is open to the public from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday, with adoption services concluding at 4:30 p.m. Please note that the facility remains closed on recognized holidays.
One remarkable feature of the Henderson Animal Care and Control Shelter is its commitment to being a no-kill shelter. The well-being and safety of every animal under their care is their top priority. To ensure the best possible care, a full-time veterinarian is available on-site to provide medical attention and support.
The shelter welcomes a variety of animals, including dogs, cats, and many other species. All animals in the shelter receive comprehensive medical care, vaccinations, and microchipping, and for all adoptable dogs, cats, and rabbits, spaying or neutering is a standard practice.
Supporting the Henderson Animal Shelter is an admirable endeavor. They are continually seeking volunteers and foster families to aid in their mission.
Adoption requirements for pets at Henderson Animal Care and Control
If you are considering adopting a pet from the City of Henderson Animal Care and Control, there are certain requirements to be aware of:
1. Adoption Application: You are required to complete an adoption application, which includes your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email. Please be aware that online adoptions are not an option; the application must be submitted in person.
2. Current Pet Status: All current dogs and cats in your care must be sterilized and up-to-date on rabies vaccinations to be eligible for adoption.
3. Preliminary Adoption Application: The downloadable Preliminary Adoption Application for the Henderson Animal Care and Control Facility can be filled out in advance or at the shelter. If you are renting your place of residence, your landlord's information will be needed for verification.
4. Adoption Fees: Adoption fees are set at $80 for cats/kittens, $90 for dogs/puppies, $70 for ferrets, and $80 for bunnies. Special events, such as the "Clear the Shelter" event, may offer discounted adoption fees.
5. Yard Check: The shelter reserves the right to conduct yard checks before finalizing an adoption. It's not necessary for you to be present during the yard check.
6. Adoption Denial: The shelter maintains the authority to deny any adoption if they believe it is not in the best interest of the pet. Your understanding of and compliance with these requirements will contribute to the welfare of the animals in their care.