logo

Martins Mill Bridge Park

Time:
  • Monday8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • Tuesday8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • Wednesday8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • Thursday8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • Friday8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • Saturday8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
  • Sunday8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Martins Mill Bridge Park, located at 3505 East Weaver Road, was built in 1849 under the supervision of Jacob Shirk. It was built in the Town Lattice Truss style. Ithiel Town, a Connecticut architect, patented the design. It has no arches or external supports and is capable of supporting a bridge up to 200 feet in length. It was less expensive to construct than arch supported bridges. Martins Mill Bridge is 205 feet long in total. After being washed downstream by flood waters during Hurricane Agnes in 1973, the bridge was restored. To sustain the bridge, steel bracing was added afterwards. Despite the fact that it has been transformed over time due to devastation,

Reviews

Please first to write a review for Martins Mill Bridge Park.

Contact Information