Dave Watts, a member of The Motet, has lost his home in the Boulder fires and is looking for assistance in finding his missing pets.
Hundreds of houses were burned in Boulder County, Colorado, on Thursday as wind-driven flames rushed across numerous locations. The home of The Motet founder and drummer Dave Watts, a longstanding fixture in the Colorado music scene, was among the homes destroyed by the fire.
On Thursday afternoon, the fast-moving flames engulfed Watts' home in the Sagamore section of Superior, CO, where he lives with his partner, Danielle Gregory, his teenage son, Milo, and another roommate, Tori Michael.
While no one was home at the time of the fires, three pets were inside the house at the time: Aria, a one-year-old female yorkie puppy; Tracey, a ten-year-old male yorkie puppy; and Luke, a Hinayana cat.
The back entrance of the house was open, according to the dogs' owners, so someone may have been able to assist them in escaping. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any information on the location of the lost dogs.
In the aftermath of the horrific fire, the local community has rushed to help Watts and his crew. Friends are preparing a fundraising drive to support them in the coming days, and a GoFundMe page has been created to help pay costs and damages. Please email email@example.com if you are able to contribute clothing, toiletries, food, or other items.
The Motet Announces 'Keep On Don't Stoppin' Tour in 2022, Featuring Collin Miller, Magic Beans, and More
Cervantes', a fan-favorite Denver theater, is also planning a charity event to help victims of the Marshall fire. Contact Ali Jay at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a musician, industry professional, or any individual interested in participating in the project.
Our thoughts are with everyone who has been touched by the flames. Keep yourself protected. Click here for additional information on how to assist the victims of the Boulder County fires.