Carbon monoxide poisoning kills a woman and three pets.
After a gas-powered generator was discovered inside the residence on Friday, a North Texas woman and her three cats may have perished of carbon monoxide poisoning.
On Friday, deputies from the Hunt County Sheriff's Office were dispatched to a residence in Celeste.
They discovered a woman dead in the garage when they arrived. Inside the garage, there was also a gas-powered generator that had run out of gas. The generator was connected to a power outlet in the house by an extension cord.
Deputies also discovered two dogs and one cat that had died inside the house.
The deaths looked to be the consequence of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, according to investigators, who noted that the neighborhood had been without electricity for several hours.
The Sheriff of Hunt County advises residents that generators and other fuel-powered equipment should never be used inside a home, garage, carport, or other enclosed place.
Place generators at least 20 feet away from the house and read and follow all manufacturer's recommendations.